One luxury I can’t live without? A nice, warm bath. When I’m soaking in the tub, I find myself in my own little relaxing world. How nice it is to wash away the stresses of the day, leaving both my body and soul in clean condition. When I bathe, I love to use bath salts to sink me even further into relaxation. Bath salts can reduce inflammation and soothe tired muscles, especially after a workout. (Go CrossFit!) But the real star of bath salts is the intoxicating aroma of essential oils.
I love the smell of lavender and rose, so when I look for salts, I keep my eye out for those two ingredients. The scent of lavender instantly calms me down after long hours on my feet. I take baths at night, so lavender is perfect for helping me fall asleep. Rose oil is full of antioxidants that work to tone and lift the skin, and the two together make for a heavenly scent.
Lately, I have been making my own bath salts. They are incredibly easy to make! With a little bit of Epsom salt and a lot of essential oils (I use Living Young essential oils), these salts are great to give as gifts. But, of course, you can also keep them for yourself!
DIY Essential Oil Bath Salts
- Coarse sea salt
- Epsom salts
- Baking soda
- Lavender and rose essential oils
- Food coloring (if desired)
- In a large bowl, mix to combine 6 parts coarse sea salt, 3 parts Epsom salts, and 1 part baking soda.
- Add a few drops of essential oils and combine.
- If you want to add some color, add a few drops of food coloring until you achieve the desired shade.
- Be sure to store the salts in a stoppered and labeled container to keep out moisture.
Love essential oils like I do? Sign up today to become an affiliate at Young Living! Use me as your referral by putting in the member code 12621318 at sign up.