I am one of those women who rarely leaves the house without something on her lips. I’m totally addicted to chapstick and gloss, and I’m not ashamed of it. But my favorite thing to put on? Lipstick. A good red lipstick. There is something about red lipstick. It’s so classy, yet also sexy and alluring. I just feel better when I have on a good shade and anything I wear instantly becomes 100% more stylish. It’s just a truth: lipstick makes the world a better place.
I’ve rounded up a few of my personal fave red lipsticks, liners, and gloss. Enjoy!
1. MAC Lipstick Retro Matte in Ruby Woo, $17.50
An awesome matte lipstick that comes in a classic, beautiful vivid blue/red shade. It lasts all day and all night!
2. Laura Geller Fifty Kisses Lip Locking Liquid Color in Ruby Romance, $21
Pucker up! I love the orangey-red color of this liquid lipstick. It slides on smoothly and stays put for every smooch and kiss.
3. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Sour Cherry, $26
I absolutely love Bite Beaty’s Amuse Bouche Lipstick. This maraschino, dark berry lipstick is full of nutrients, vitamins, and oils to keep your lips healthy as well as smoldering.
4. Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Red, $20
This liner doesn’t smudge or fade and it makes for some pumped-up, voluminous lips!
5. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Olivia, $34
Worth every penny. The garnet, deep red shade makes your lips POP! and the lipstick itself is satiny and creamy.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Lip Color in Rouge Fusion, $36
I love this gloss. The magenta red hue applies perfectly and it smells positively divine.
And of course, the classic standby:
7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Certainly Red, $8.49
Who doesn’t love a pure red, tried-and-true lipstick? No one. This is one lipstick every makeup bag should have!
What are your favorite lipstick shades? Is there one lipstick you just can’t live without? I want to know!